[coreboot] Coreboot fails to initialize on ASUS A8V-E SE

Knut Kujat knuku at gap.upv.es
Tue Dec 15 12:56:33 CET 2009

Rudolf Marek escribió:
> Thank you.
>
> I tried to make it work here too. I can confirm now both versions actually
> boots. I had to disable the ROM execution inside coreboot - the VGA
> BIOS did
> something bad.
>
> The only remaining issue is normal/fallback stuff. I had to disable
> the normal
> execution. It does not even work with buildtarget. Otherwise the board
> boots
> fine. It looks once I had some troubles with PCI resource allocation
> inside
> linux but I was not able to reproduce that.
>
> Knut please juts save the .config and do
> make distclean
> restore the .config
> make
>
> eventually there can be one more hidden file .xcompile or something
> which did
> smth wrong to the build too.
>

> Knut, if you like to have CPU powersafe working please let me know. We
> dont have
> automatic generation code for the old family which is hardwired
> anyway. You will
> need to copy the setup from orig bios DSDT/SSDT.
No, not necessary but thank you!

> Myles, Acking your patch here.
>
> Acked-by: Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz>
>
> Commited with:
>
> +config HEAP_SIZE
> +    hex
> +    default 0x40000
> +    depends on BOARD_ASUS_A8V_E_SE
> +
>
> Committed revision 4978.
>

> Rudolf

Hello everyone,

yes I can confirm that the Kconfig build method work for me too. As
Rudolf said I had to disable VGA ROM as well otherwise it will came up
with a exception error. It's necessary to have "Serial port console
output" set to yes or it won't compile.

Now I will start the next Board a Supermicro H8QME-2+ :) see how this
works...

bye and thank you all!!