[coreboot] ASUS M4A77TD-PRO. No boot, nothing on the serial port. I'm quite lost.

xdrudis xdrudis at tinet.cat
Tue Aug 3 08:18:44 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 12:31:01AM +0200, Rudolf Marek wrote:

> Well please investigate because I put  there already  - it is the
> write to reg 0x72. There might be watchdog in SB700 datasheet says
> disabled by default but dunno if there is some possibility that it
> is enabled by default by some strap resistor.

No, there isn't... Oh,wait. It's there. I spent most of yesterday's
afternoon looking at the original code for asrock, not the file you
sent me (I compiled the one you sent me but then compared the original
one to the coreboot code, because I compile on the M4A77TD-PRO board
on the serial port but look at the code in a laptop with VGA ).  No
wonder there were so many differences I didn't know which ones to
pick...  Some things didn't make sense...

I'll look again today.

> Make sure you call sb700_lpc_init _before_ any access to superIO.
> Also I would suggest to use the tilapia_fam10 instead of a copy -
> you might forgotten to do something. Simply do changes to the
> tilapia_fam10 and rename/move to another dir late

OK.

> The code in the SerialICE does same thing as sb700_lpc_init and
> it8712f_enable_serial.

Thanks.