[coreboot] P2B-LS help: Onboard SCSI BIOS failed to boot

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Sun Feb 20 18:19:48 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 01:12:00AM -0500, Keith Hui wrote:
> I am trying (again) to get the Adaptec SCSI on my P2B-LS to initialize
> properly with coreboot. But it won't boot.
>
> Attached is a serial log of what happened.
>
> After compiling coreboot I checked out SeaBIOS through git and added
> the SCSI option rom extracted from my factory bios.

Did you add the rom to CBFS?  Normally, SeaBIOS should pull the rom
directly from the device.  (But if this device is built-in and the
manufacturer didn't put a separate rom for it, then you may need to
add it to CBFS.)

>A port and a few
> other resources is assigned, but no IRQ. The SCSI option rom would
> initialize, I can press the hotkey to enter the utility, but that's
> it. That option rom hangs before getting any responses from the SCSI
> hardware.

Please post the serial output with SeaBIOS debug level set to 8.  The
full log is needed.

-Kevin