[coreboot] Are any Chromebooks able to run fully libre?

David Hendricks dhendrix at google.com
Fri Dec 27 20:29:52 CET 2013

Just to clarify a couple things...

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 7:23 AM, Alex G. <mr.nuke.me at gmail.com> wrote:

> We don't have an infrastructure for block devices, let alone MMC.

Up until now this has been considered the work of the payload. The existing
ARM platforms supported in coreboot use SPI ROM to store the firmware.

>  Our ARM support is still wearing diapers.

In a generic sense, ARM support is working quite well. We've used it on a
few different SoCs already, not just in the Exynos family. Most of that
code is quite simple and portable.

If you're referring to the relatively few boards we support, that's another
matter.

--
David Hendricks (dhendrix)
Systems Software Engineer, Google Inc.