[coreboot] Samsung 550 Chromebook own Coreboot

John Lewis jlewis at johnlewis.ie
Tue Jul 23 23:40:40 CEST 2013

Well, it doesn't. As for the VGA BIOS I get "make: *** No rule to
make target `systemagent-r6.bin', needed by `build/coreboot.pre1'.
Stop." It only seems to pull in the descriptor and ME binaries, at least
those are the only ones in 3rdparty directory.

John.

On 23/07/2013
22:33, ron minnich wrote:

> If you set that, and you enable 3rd party
binaries, it should get it just fine.

at 2:31 PM, John Lewis <jlewis at johnlewis.ie> wrote:

>> So, I have
been trying to do as Ron suggested. First obstacle is VGA BIOS isn't
pulled in automatically. I managed to extract that from existing BIOS
using fmap_decode and cbfstool, as per the VMX Hacking instructions on
the Chromium website, and Coreboot builds, but I'm left with a brick.
Can anyone advise what to do/try next? I've also noticed an option which
says "Add a system agent binary" in the Northbridge setup, the help for
which says "Without this binary Coreboot will not work". Do I need this,
and if so where do I get it? On 22/07/2013 17:58, ron minnich wrote:

>>> you need a vga bios for now. You must have the ME firmware. Try
this: make menuconfig go to general setup enable the 'third party
binaries' menu item (or whatever it's called) they should now get
downloaded automagically. Do a cbfstool build/coreboot.rom print before
and after this step, and it should look different. ron
>> -- coreboot
mailing list: coreboot at coreboot.org [1]

Links:
------