[coreboot] Ivy Bridge desktop support

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 31 21:10:22 CEST 2013

Dear Nico,

Am Samstag, den 30.03.2013, 19:57 +0100 schrieb Nico Huber:

> I'm looking forward to write a port for my Ivy Bridge desktop system based
> on this board: Intel DH77EB (codenamed Eb Lake, [1]). It comes with the H77
> platform controller hub (PCH) and a Winbond W83677HG super I/O chip (build
> by Nuvoton as NCT6775F, [2]). I'm using it with a Core i3-3225 processor [3].

awesome news! Best luck with this!

> I've got the datasheet for the super I/O, so writing support for it should
> be no problem.

The ASRock E350M1 [4] also uses the Nuvoton NCT6775F. Currently the code
from the Winbond W83627HF [5].

    device pci 14.3 on # LPC        0x439d
        chip superio/winbond/w83627hf

Serial works for me. The only problem that might be related from any
incompatibilities is, that a PS/2 keyboard connected to the shared PS/2
port does not work correctly, meaning, entering a character the
characters is displayed several times more. Entering »n«, I get
»nnnnnnnn« for example. Alvaro, having a ASRock E350M1/USB3, also uses a
PS/2 keyboard *but* has no problems with this at all. So I have no idea
if this is related to the Super I/O or not.

Additionally the ACPI/ASL snippet provided for it has also some
problems.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul