[coreboot] booting vxworks from linux BIOS

Stojsavljevic, Zoran zoran.stojsavljevic at intel.com
Thu May 22 13:20:25 CEST 2014

Hello Chinnu,

The best will be to use the latest coreboot git snapshot (if you use all other architectures except IA, then it is a bit trickier) with latest seabios as payload (all used with git clone <source tree>). Then you’ll need to boot to GRUB 2.00. which has (if I am not mistaken) multiboot command for booting non linux environment (GRUB 2.00 manual): http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/grub.html

You might want to first boot to Linux from GRUB 2.00, and then install VxWorks image somewhere under Linux, initially installed with GRUB (you can go with some off the self distros: Ubuntu, or openSUSE, Fedora, Centos, U name it)!

There is possibility (my best guess) to use VxWorks as coreboot’s payload, instead seabios, but for this kind of “beauty” I prefer to kindly ask Patrick (Georgi), or maybe Stefan (Reinauer), or somebody else who is much more knowledgeable then me about coreboot itself, me - one small IA oriented person. ;-)

Hope this helps, at least to initiate some discussions (I can also investigate about booting VxWorks, if required, since VxWorks is Wind River leading product, and WR is bought… Rest are dots connected on unwritten. ;-) ).

Best Regards,
Zoran