[coreboot] [baytrail_FSP] question about lpss device with ACPI mode in win8

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Mon May 16 11:16:33 CEST 2016

Hello Cheng,

Again, I'll repeat my questions:
[1] Are you talking about BIOS, where you are enabling in LPSS ACPI
(disabling automatically PCI) mode?
[2] I need better explanation of your use case... Are you using BYT MR4,
then MR5, or instead MR4 BIOS, or...?
[3] For WIN8.1 you need to have the following:
      For BIOS to work (and get rid off these yellow triangles with
question marks):
      [A] ACPI mode in BIOS: South Cluster Configuration -> LPSS & SCC
Configuration -> LPSS LPSS & SCC
           Devices Mode -> Select "ACPI Mode";
      [B] The GPIO controller driver is/should be prerequisite for HS-UART
driver. There is a document named:
            Intel_Processor_Win8_IO_Drivers_Gold_MR1. You should ask for it
from INTEL support. If installed
            correctly, you should see HS-UART Controller device under
System Devices in Device Manager. Also
            new unknown devices should appear: ACPI\BCM2E1A and
ACPI\BCM4752. These devices are for
            HS-UART Sub Device Driver;
      [C] You should compile the UART Sub Device Driver (by 1.2.1 of Intel
Atom E3800 Win8.1 HS-UART Sub
            Device Driver Sample Code Guide_1.0), and install after
building them. After that you should see Ports in
            Device Manager.

Zoran