This page describes how to use coreboot on the Jetway J7F2 series mainboards.
The irq table in CN is from VIA. You may need to run getpir to generate your own irq table.
This page is a work in progress.
This board works with target/jetway/j7f24, except that it needs rev 3566 of src/southbridge/via/vt8237r.
|L1 cache enabled||OK||Always on|
|L2 cache enabled||OK||Always on|
|L3 cache enabled||N/A|
|Multiple CPU support||N/A|
|Dual channel support||N/A|
|On-board IDE 3.5"||OK||hda in Linux is hde in FILO|
|On-board IDE 2.5"||N/A|
|On-board VGA||OK||Needs factory video bios and bochsbios. Console flickers under I/O load.|
|On-board Ethernet||Partial||Loses MAC address when power is disconnected.|
|On-board Smartcard reader||N/A|
|On-board SD card reader||N/A|
|ISA add-on cards||N/A|
|Audio/Modem-Riser (AMR/CNR) cards||N/A|
|PCI add-on cards||Untested|
|Mini-PCI add-on cards||Unknown|
|Mini-PCI-Express add-on cards||Unknown|
|PCI-X add-on cards||Unknown|
|AGP graphics cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x1 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x2 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x4 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x8 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x16 add-on cards||N/A|
|PCI Express x32 add-on cards||N/A|
|HTX add-on cards||N/A|
|Legacy / Super I/O|
|Serial port 1 (COM1)||OK|
|Serial port 2 (COM2)||N/A|
|PC speaker||Fail|| PCSP: Timer resolution is not sufficient (4000250nS)
PCSP: Make sure you have HPET and ACPI enabled.
|Sensors / fan control||N/A||didn't work on factory BIOS either|
|CPU frequency scaling||?|
|Other powersaving features||N/A|
|Reboot||Fail||system resets, but coreboot doesn't fully boot and VGA graphics are corrupted|
|High precision event timers (HPET)||Untested|
|Random number generator (RNG)||OK|
|Wake on modem ring||Untested|
|Wake on LAN||Untested|
|Wake on keyboard||Untested|
|Wake on mouse||Untested|
- hda in Linux is hde in FILO
- loading kernel/initrd is very slow
- irq_tables.c from the factory BIOS does not work. The epia-cn table can be substituted.
- VGA console flickers badly under intense disk activity, such as dd if=/dev/hda of=/dev/hdc
- Current code is broken (doesn't compile). Pull rev 3566 of src/southbridge/via/vt8237r
- Network card loses MAC address on power-loss, preventing the Linux via-rhine driver from activating it. Latest code in src/southbridge/via/vt8237r/ may fix this, at least allowing hard-coding the MAC address into the rom. However, it is also stored somewhere else on the system (not in the factory rom) so it should be readable from somewhere.
| I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.
In case this is not legally possible: