Intel_Native_Raminit has it's own status page.
- Boot time issues after reboot (keyboard rest timeout)
- ultrabay hot plug (event missing?)
- some power management states missing?
- windows not supported
Proprietary Components Status
- CPU Microcode
- FDT(Flash Descriptor Table) => Always needed
- ME(Management Engine) => you do not have to touch it(just leave it where it is)
- GbE(Gigabit Ethernet embedded mac) => you do not have to touch it(just leave it where it is)
- The code has been merged into coreboot master:
$ git clone http://review.coreboot.org/p/coreboot
Please have a look at Intel_Sandybridge_Build_Tutorial.
The flash chip can be a 8MB SOIC8 (Macronix MX25L6436EM2I / MX25L6406EM2I / Winbond W25Q64CVS) or WSON8 (Numonyx M25PX64).
Vendor firmware locks the flash and so you need to flash externally (unless until someone figures out a way around it). Lenovo firmware uses "protected regions" to protect the bootblock.